Pregnancy yoga is a beautiful thing, and pregnancy yoga is also an excellent way to nurture your baby and your overall health as a mother. We all know that it’s not easy to get pregnant as it also comes with pain in the body. Yoga will help prepare your body and mind. It will help you keep yourself calm and relaxed as well.
Although yoga is for everyone, you must ensure that you only practice what feels comfortable with you to avoid any muscle strains or extreme pain during exercise. There are a lot of techniques you can make use of, but here are some that you can try at home. Take a look at these:
Cat-Cow Yoga Pose
This pose is excellent for developing your spine health and core muscles. It’s also designed to help all stages of pregnancy, which makes it ideal for first-time mothers who want to try yoga as their primary source of exercise.
The Cat-Cow Yoga Pose also gets rid of any tension in the lower back and allows blood to flow freely for better blood circulation throughout the body. If you want to try this out for yourself, make sure that you are able to practice your breathing as well. The breathing will help create a soothing calmness to your mind, which helps reduce the possibility of frequent morning sickness.
You can do this exercise for at least 5 to 10 minutes a day, depending on your comfort. The more that you practice, the better results you will achieve.
Cobbler Pregnancy Yoga Pose
This is the easiest and risk-free yoga pose there is, which makes it perfect for pregnancy. It is said to improve the reproductive health system, and aids in opening the pelvis properly, therefore securing you of fast and easy labor.
Here’s how you can do it:
- With a yoga mat, position yourself with your legs stretched.
- Carefully fold your knees and bring your feet to the center as if you are forming a triangle in between your legs.
- During this exercise, remember to straighten your back. Do not slouch.
- With both your hands, hold your feet together. Hold it for 5 to 10 seconds. If you think you can hold it in place longer, then do so. Just make sure that you are comfortable and do not strain yourself too much.
- Practice your breathing in between that 5 to 10 seconds.
- Release your hands.
- You can repeat this process 4 to 5 times, or however long you want as long as you are comfortable.
Corpse Pregnancy Yoga Pose
Here’s another easy yoga pose for you. The corpse yoga pose is a very relaxing technique, which can help with calming the mind and relaxing the body. This pose increases your energy instantly, which is why it is the most convenient way to get rid of fatigue during your pregnancy.
It also helps prevent side effects of pregnancy like nausea, pain in the back, and morning sickness.
Here’s how you can do it:
- On a yoga mat, lay comfortably on your back. Make sure to straighten your spine.
- While in this position, allow your palms to rest beside you while facing up.
- As you lay down, slowly close your eyes, and let yourself relax with your arms on each side of your body.
- Practice your breathing techniques for about 10 to 20 minutes. Makes sure to breathe deeply.
- During this process, allow your mind to wander but do not stress yourself with your thoughts. Try to be as relaxed as you possibly can.